According to the book “Gustoza đita” and the magazine “More” among thirty best restaurants on the Croatian part of the Adriatic Sea.
A retreat for gourmands.
Traditional food of the island.
Private recipes based on the island's tradition of the family restaurant.
Delicious meals that you cannot eat anywhere else.
Exquisite pleasure for the palate.
For those who don't enjoy staying in the harbour, as well as those who decide to spend their vacations without giving up the benefits of civilization, we recommend the Artatore bay that offers an excellent wind protection. An airfield is located a few miles from the bay which enables guests to come to our bay by an airplane as well.
Restaurant Artatore opened its door in 1972 and is located in a beautiful little pine forest, 70 kilometres from Mali Lošinj and 50 meters near the sea.
Over the years we have done our best to please each guest and we are proud with our long family tradition. We are well known for our remarkable culinary creativity in making indigenous meals, and for promoting island's medicinal and self-grown plants and herbs.Various specialties of our cuisine will satisfy even the most squeamish gourmands.
Besides our fish and meat specialties, we offer bread oven meals as well, such as lamb, fish and other, according to our guests' desires.
Over the years, we have received several acknowledgements and prizes which are a proof of our traditional quality. We will mention but a few:
- 2004 g. Volim Hrvatsku (project – I Love Croatia), “Čovjek ključ uspjeha” (Man is the Key to Success), in the best cook category
- 2001 g. Zaboravljeni okusi naših starih (The Forgotten Tastes of Our Forefathers), the acknowledgement to the Artatore Restaurant
- 2003 g. Večernji list, 3 stars, tourist patrol
Povelja za autohtonost i impresivnost (Indignity and Impressiveness Charter), Mali Lošinj Tourist Board
Food is prepared exclusively from fresh ingredients, with a lot of love and effort of Mrs. Janja.
We would like to present some of the rich offer of our homemade specialties:
- shellfish, raw, buzara and barbequed
- fish baked in bread oven and potatoes
- barbequed fish
Specialties of the house:
- lobster with spaghetti of the house
- thick crab soup
- bread oven lamb or island's lamb 'pod teću' (prepared under a baking lid) with which we offer pancakes filled with asparagus and dry curd cottage cheese
- fried 'bubice' (fried dough)
Dessert specialties of the house:
- peach strudel
- fig cake
With our meals you can taste top quality wines like: Plenković, Krauthäker, malvasia Pilato, Toljanić, teran, plavac, grasevina Ivan Dolac od Plančića, Kozlovich barique, campaign Chardoney, dessert wines of Kozlovich...